Plant Manager - Rochester, MN
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Plant Manager - Rochester, MN
4165 Highway 14 West
Rochester, Minnesota, 55901
Using the paste from word feature, please insert your position content in this field using the WestRock standard posting format which can be found on the HR resource site: https://westrockco.sharepoint.com/sites/HRResourcesite/TA/Source/SitePages/Home.aspx.
The Plant Manager at our plant in Rochester, MN will assist management of the entire production operation including Plant Maintenance, Quality Control and Shipping & Receiving. The Plant Manager will ensure quality systems are in place to comply with customer specifications and manage production on a timely basis, per schedule.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Ensure a safe work environment for all employees at our plant in Rochester, MN.
- Lead a team of over 120 employees and oversees performance of shift supervisors.
- Oversee the proper training and manning of plant positions and establishing a new, winning team.
- Oversee Environmental and Safety compliance.
- Ensure Quality Systems are in place and comply with customer specifications
- Manage production of customer product on timely basis per schedule
- Meet with management on the status and resolution of job postings, employee performance problems and other related human resource matters and provide communication feedback
- Determine manpower necessary to accomplish production requirements on a daily and weekly basis including vacation scheduling in accordance with labor agreement
- Implement, maintain, and support all company policies and procedures, including safety program, union contract and good housekeeping.
What you need to succeed:
- Corrugated box experience
- 5+ years supervisory experience
- Exposure to formal safety, quality and productivity systems such as ISO and OSHA training.
- Willing and able to work required hours
- Excellent communication skills including both written and verbal communication
- Must possess strong strategic planning and analytical skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Experience to make effective decisions independently
6 Sigma and/or lean principles experience very helpful
- 3+ years’ plant manager experience in the corrugate industry
- College degree preferred.
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Good computer skills
What we offer:
• Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
• Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
• An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
• A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and
Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: email@example.com OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.