Estimator, Beverage Pricing -Richmond, VA
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Estimator, Beverage Pricing -Richmond, VA
501 South 5th St
Richmond, Virginia, 23219-0501
We are seeking a Cost Estimator to be located in Richmond, VA. This position will report to the Beverage Pricing Manager. As a Beverage Estimator, you will “own” costs. The Estimators primary role is to serve as the subject matter expert for the cost estimation of finished goods. This person will analyze our manufacturing trends, review & respond to cost estimate requests, and provide analysis for costs of new and existing products. This key role will interact with manufacturing, commercial, engineering, purchasing, design, and supply chain teams across the WestRock Consumer Segment.
How you will impact WestRock
- Review and aggregate estimate request requirements and inputs from associates in the Design, Manufacturing, and Supply Chain Departments to develop estimates.
- Provide a critical level of support on general and special projects, financial analysis, problem resolution and other business/financial analysis related needs that relate to costing.
- Interact and align across divisions and geographic regions to develop best in class processes.
- Analyze data and create models that explain or replicate trends in production.
- Maintain and evolve estimating tools, processes.
- Support capital investment decisions and investigate new materials for product development.
- Monitor estimating log, due dates, and response times.
What you need to succeed
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, BIT, Industrial Engineering or related field.
- Proficiency in computer skills, particularly with MS Excel and databases.
- Minimum three years’ experience involving business analysis and teamwork is preferred, but not required
- Experience with data modeling and statistical analysis.
- Strong analytical and methodological skills with knowledge of risk assessment, pricing models and theory.
- Background in reviewing, understanding, and improving business processes.
- Excellent organizational, presentational, written, and oral communication skills.
- Skills to communicate complex topics in a timely and concise manner.
- Comfort and flexibility to operate with ambiguous requirements.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple work streams simultaneously.
- Strong work ethic complemented with a positive, self-starting attitude.
- General knowledge of estimating and cost accounting
- Some level of experience in job-shop manufacturing environment preferred
What we offer
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.