3rd Shift Production Superintendent- Ravenna
Ravenna / Ohio / United States
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
WestRock Company (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 39,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 250 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, and Asia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
The Production Superintendent position directs and coordinates, through direct report supervisory personnel, manufacturing activities
utilizing his/her knowledge of product function, production methods and procedures, and machine and equipment capabilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Plan and direct production activities and establish production priorities for products consistent with effective operations and cost factors
- Coordinate production activities with procurement (production planning dept), maintenance, and quality control activities to obtain optimum production and utilization of personnel, machines, and equipment
- Ensure on a daily basis all WestRock Corrugated standards and customer commitments (i.e., Safety, Waste reduction, R&A, output, on-time delivery) are followed within the plant
- Review and analyze production reports (OEE, downtime, waste, etc.) to determine causes of nonconformity with product specifications, and/or operating or production problems
- Prepare and submit reports as required by the Production Manager
- Collaborate with and assist the facility PM in the development and implementation of operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems and improve product quality
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives; monitor all control procedures, recommending improvements to the Production Manager as appropriate
- Revise production schedules and priorities as needed as a result of equipment failure, operating problems or last minute customer
- Supervise the facility’s production supervisors; responsible for employee training and development
- Establish individual and group goals and accountabilities and evaluate work performance for direct reports; review and approve performance evaluations for indirect reports
- Build an effective partnership with plant hourly employees in an effort to improve overall plant production
- Handle employee relations issues in accordance with WestRock Corporate policies and procedures; participate
in the recruitment and selection of manufacturing personnel
- Follow contractual guidelines and maintain positive relationships with local union
- Direct, maintain and enforce the safety program for the department; assure compliance with OSHA and WestRock regulations and guidelines
- Lead and participate in special projects, as needed
Perform other duties as assigned.
This job has direct and indirect supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Ability to Execute - Targets and achieves results, sets and accomplishes challenging goals, prioritizes and manages tasks effectively, maintains an organized system to monitor progress, overcomes obstacles, accepts accountability, sets standards and responsibilities, may provide leadership/motivation.
Commitment to Task - Meets commitments, works independently, accepts ownership of projects and outcomes, takes personal
responsibility and sets objectives/standards, stays focused under pressure, meets attendance/punctuality requirements, shows a sense of urgency about getting results.
Communication - Clearly exchanges thoughts, ideas and messages through written, verbal and non-verbal methods that promote an
understanding with the target audience. Creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers engaging presentations, shares information and ideas with others in a timely manner. Listens carefully and attentively.
Customer Focus - For both internal and external customers, builds customer confidence, is committed to increasing customer
satisfaction, sets achievable customer expectations, assumes responsibility for solving customer problems, ensures commitments to customers are met in a timely manner, solicits opinions and ideas from customers.
Diversity - Supports an inclusive workplace, incorporates different viewpoints and ideas to maximize performance and contributions of employees, develops strengths in team members, deals respectfully with colleagues, customers and vendors at all levels, understands
his/her role in building and sustaining a culture of high performance.
Initiative - Tackles problems and takes independent action, seeks out new responsibilities, acts on opportunities, generates new ideas, practices self-development, demonstrates a bias for action without prompting.
Innovation - Generates new ideas, challenges the status quo, pursues ongoing improvements, supports change, encourages originality, solves problems creatively.
Quality - Is attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, continuously looks for improvements, finds root cause of problems, owns/acts on problems, seeks opportunities to increase effectiveness and efficiency.
Safety Mindset - Promotes a respect for safety, keeps workplace clean and safe, supports safety programs, policies/procedures, takes preventative and corrective action to address potential safety hazards and prevent future injuries, resists temptation to cut corners where safety is concerned, follows all safety related company policies and complies with location specific safety rules, drives safely on and off company property.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or GED and technical certification and five (5) years prior supervisory and industry experience is required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. May require the ability to write routine reports and correspondence. May require the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of and basic computer skills.
The Production Superintendent position requires good oral and written communication, interpersonal and organizational skills. The position also requires strong problem solving skills, and the ability to apply innovative solutions and to think creatively in a fast paced and deadline driven environment.
If this sounds like a good fit, we want to hear from you!
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: email@example.com OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.