Material Handler (2nd & 3rd shift) - Norcross, GA
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Material Handler (2nd & 3rd shift) - Norcross, GA
4464 South Old Peachtree Road
Norcross, Georgia, 30071
WestRock Company (NYSE: WRK) aspires to be the premier partner and unrivaled provider of paper and packaging solutions in consumer and corrugated markets. WestRock’s 39,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 250 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe and Asia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Material Handler/Forklift Driver – Norcross, GA
• Responsible for operating Electric Pallet Jacks, Forklifts, Stand-up Reach Trucks, and Sit-down Swing Reach Trucks.
• Complete a daily checklist on Material Handling Equipment (MHE) before the start of the shift.
• Ensure all safety equipment and devices are in place and working properly.
• Safe operation of the MHE within the plant to prevent damage or personal injury.
• Responsible for unloading inbounds, warehousing materials, supplying production lines and loading outbound shipments.
• Checking the trailers to make sure they are safe to use.
• Ensuring materials are properly unitized and marked.
• Accurately checking the quantity and description of the materials handled.
• Loading various size pallets to maximize trailer cube while minimizing in transit damage.
• Completing paperwork associated with the movement of materials in an accurate and timely manner.
• Maintaining accurate inventory of all materials and completing daily cycle counts.
• Assisting other areas as need to maintain a team approach.
• Responsible for the overall Safety and cleanliness of equipment and area.
• Work in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Overtime is required.
• Perform other duties as assigned
What you need to succeed:
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Must have a minimum of two years experience in shipping/receiving in a manufacturing environment. Two years on a lift truck, proficient math skills, computer skills, and must have excellent written and communication skills.
• Safety - Includes following safety rules and regulations, working to create and maintain good housekeeping, knowledge and use of safety equipment, active participation in safety effort, attending safety meetings, confronting others regarding safety, reporting incidents and near misses, correcting unsafe conditions.
• Quality - Evaluates the ability of employee to produce superior products or services, meeting all specifications and expectations, free of errors or waste. Includes accuracy, following correct procedures, such as, GMP, SOP, ISO requirements, performing all quality checks, complete and legible documentation.
• Knowledge of Field - Relates to employee’s understanding and knowledge of duties, methods and procedures required by the job. Indicators are troubleshooting skills, technical competence, application of training, thoroughness and efficiency in solving problems, and making progress improvements.
• Accountability/Dependability - Evaluates the degree to which employee accepts responsibility and follows through on commitments. Indicators are task completion, following procedures, thoroughness, reliability, completion of difficult tasks, working without supervision, acknowledging and correcting own mistakes, facing and resolving conflict.
• Initiative - Evaluates an employee’s willingness to act on their own to assume new or additional responsibilities, to voluntarily start projects or attempt non-routine tasks. Indicators are self-starting, proactive, energetic, enthusiasm, and ingenuity, willingness to try, innovative, finding a better way.
• Teamwork - Evaluates the ability of an employee to work cooperatively with others in an interdependent relationship to achieve common goals. Indicators are flexibility and adaptability, cooperation, listening, group problem solving, willingness to change, to lead as well as follow, recognizing and utilizing diversity.
• Interpersonal/Culture - Evaluates the ability to get along with others in an open and respectful manner. Indicators are communication skills, including listening, positive relationships with others, treating others fairly and with respect, openness and honesty, ability to disagree while maintaining good relationships, tolerant of others. Demonstrates the WestRock Key Behaviors: Diligent and acting in a manner consistent with the 4 key behaviors: (1) create an environment of respect and trust for our co-workers and customers, (2) empower and engage our co-workers to improve our performance and lower our cost, (3) satisfy our customers every time, and (4) do the right thing for WestRock – always.
• Productivity/OEE Competency - Evaluates one’s effectiveness in producing expected quantities of work relative to standards and expectations, including effort, utilization of time, materials, and supplies. Indicators include the quantity and quality of work, the absence of rework and waste, utilization of resources, safe work behaviors, preplanning, and anticipating problems. Manufacturing employees will also be evaluated based on the following: Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) takes into account the various sub-components of the manufacturing process. Availability, viewed as a snapshot of the current production efficiency for a machine, line or cell. OEE = (A)vailabilty x (P)erformance x (Q)uality. Expressed another way: Related Machine Speed (P) x Crewed Hours (A)/ Good Sheets Out (Q). This section evaluates the employee’s performance to maximize the OEE on his/her machine.
• Attendance/Punctuality - Includes being present and ready for work as expected. Indicators are attendance records, number of times tardy, frequency of lateness returning from scheduled breaks or meal times, work readiness, and preparedness to begin work on time.
• Procedures/Documentation/Reporting - Refers to the importance of following procedures, carefully and thoroughly documenting critical activities, including training, and to the accurate reporting of information. Indicators include the following established procedures, documenting essential processes, preparing accurate, timely, legible, and complete reports. Communicating as needed with others in the organization.
• Coaching/Leading - Evaluates the employee’s ability and skill to positively influence others to achieve Company goals and expectations, regardless of one’s position or title. Indicators include: effective planning and coordination of work, delegation and follow through, exhibiting and promoting confidence, supportive of company views and policies, self-directed initiative, acceptance of responsibility, effective use of time, materials, supplies, and personnel; patience, flexibility, adaptability, assists with training and desires to help others succeed, effective problem solving and decision making skills.
What we offer:
• Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
• Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
• An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
• A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.