Machine Helper-Mooresville, NC
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Machine Helper-Mooresville, NC
279 Mooresville Blvd
Mooresville, North Carolina, 28115
· Support the operation of a fast-paced packaging manufacturing facility
· Focusing on our customers’ success will allow you opportunities to develop and grow your career in manufacturing
· The Machine Helper is normally the third team member assigned to a machine in the Production Department
· Some of the duties of this position include, but are not limited to: ensuring that all tooling for the machine is on hand, assisting the machine operator and assistant operator with setups and jam-ups, ensuring that the area surrounding the machine is kept clean of debris and spills
How you will impact WestRock:
· Ensure our customers get the quality, consistency, and responsiveness they deserve
· Embrace the WestRock culture, based on values of integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence
What you need to succeed:
· High School diploma or GED required
· Experience working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
· A strong desire to advance within the industry
· Corrugated box manufacturing a plus; familiarity with Flexo, Gluers, Rotaries and Forklifts are a plus
· Flexibility to work a swing shift, 2nd and 3rd shift rotation; available to work overtime, including weekends as needed
· Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently
· Math skills will be assessed
· This position requires standing, walking, lifting, bending, and crouching
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.