WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe and Asia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Production Technician, Graphics Solutions, PrePress, Mississauga, Ontario
Reporting to the Production Supervisor or Manager, this position will assist in the manufacture of flexographic print tooling through the various processes of imaging, photopolymer plate manufacture & mounting, where applicable.
• Fully understand the safety procedures of the department/plant and actively participates.
• Ability to interpret and process docket, manufacturing and printing specifications/ instructions.
• Operate the CTP unit, manufacturing Digital Photopolymer printing plates
• Determine correct exposure times ie. process work/line work/bump exposures.
• Ensure QC requirements are maintained at all times.
• Direct, prioritize workflow, taking a self-directed approach.
• Maintain accurate inventory of supplies and purchasing of consumables.
• Ability to collect month end inventories.
• General and preventative maintenance & troubleshooting of equipment
• Contact and interface with service personnel.
• Interface with the prepress department.
• Maintain a clean and safe working area.
• Ensure all proper procedures are followed in accordance with the quality system and personally strive for a continuous improvement approach.
•Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Physically fit and be able to lift up to 40lbs
- Able to work rotating shifts including night shift
As part of our commitment to accessibility for all persons with disabilities, WestRock will, upon request from the applicant, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. Please contact WestRock, Human Resources at (905) 364-3077 about your needs and we will consult with you to ensure suitable accommodation is provided.
Please apply online at www.westrock.com or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org