Preset Operator - Milpitas, CA
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Preset Operator - Milpitas, CA
201 S. Hillview Dr
Milpitas, California, 95035
MWV and RockTenn have come together to form WestRock. WestRock makes consumer and corrugated packaging solutions that give our customers a winning edge in the global marketplace. We partner closely with customers on everything from beverage packs and pizza boxes to trigger sprayers and fragrance pumps to paperboard used for a wide variety of packaging and shipping containers. We consider ourselves to be part of their team – as we strive for continuous improvement together.
Every day, our 42,000 team members combine practical innovations and rigorous execution in about 275 operating and business facilities across North America, South America, Europe, and Asia to deliver products and services that answer unique local needs. We expect to win as a company and lead the industry by achieving success together with our customers, employees, and investors.
We are seeking Preset Operators to be located in Milpitas, CA
This entry-level position consists of the following duties that are essential to the operation of a corrugated box plant. A Preset Operator is normally the third team member assigned to a machine in the Production Department. Some of the duties of this position include, but are not limited to: ensuring that all tooling for the machine is on hand, assisting the machine operator and assistant operator with setups and jam-ups, ensuring that the area surrounding the machine is kept clean of debris and spills, and being available to relieve team members when they go out on lunch or breaks. This position requires standing, walking, lifting, bending, and crouching.
- Support the operation of a high-paced packaging manufacturing facility
- Opportunity for development and growth in manufacturing
- Must meet physical requirements:
- able to lift, push, or pull 50 pounds on a routine basis
- able to walk, stand, bend, and kneel throughout a shift
- Ability to read a tape measure and apply basic math and computer skills
- Must pass a background check, pre-employment drug screen, and physical
- Works in a safe manner, complies with all safety rules
- Has experience working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment (corrugated industry a plus, but not required)
- Embraces the WestRock culture, based on values of integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence – establishing a foundation for our employees to win together
- Flexibile to work 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shifts - daily overtime, weekend work
- Open to learning
- Willing to follow work processes
- Possesses a desire to advance within the facility
- Maintains a clean and organized workspace
If this opportunity is appealing and you feel that you are a good fit, please apply – we’d like to hear from you!
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: email@example.com OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.