About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
We are currently searching for the position of Production Supervisor at our Merced, California location. The Production Supervisor is responsible to promote and maintain a safe work environment, engage employee safety, supervise employees, coordinate daily production operations and maintain effective quality procedures.
How you will impact WestRock:
* Promote, maintain and enforce plant safety regulations, housekeeping practices and encourage all employees to engage in the safety program
* Supervise employees to meet safety, quality, productivity and efficiency goals
* Build effective relationships with all internal departments to produce a quality product, safely, on time and the most efficient way possible.
* Manage workload to ensure maximum use of available resources and effective use of labor, tools, and equipment.
* Coordinate with maintenance to ensure machines are run and maintained in safe and good working condition
* Maintain effective departmental quality procedures
* Coach, train and counsel team members to perform to company's standards
* Alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions
* First point of contact for all hourly employee suggestions or concerns
* Ensure that on a daily basis all company standards and customer commitments (i.e.: safety, quality, production, on-time delivery) are followed within the plant
* Prepare and submit reports as required
What you need to succeed:
• Bachelors degree required.
* 3+ year’s experience in supervisory capacity in a production environment
* Demonstrated leadership skills including the ability to improve processes and efficiency
• Knowledge and experience in the paper/corrugated industry is a plus
• Effective process management skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel and other computer skills
• Fluent communication in Spanish is a plus
• Must be flexible to work any shift
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
It is the policy of WestRock to provide equal opportunity for all qualified persons and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color,
sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, handicap, disability, or because he or she is a disabled veteran or a Vietnam Era Veteran.