Gluer Operator - Mebane, NC
About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Gluer Operator - Mebane, NC
7411 Oakwood St Extension, PO Box 408
Mebane, North Carolina, 27302
The Gluer Operator is responsible for running any gluer safely, producing conforming cartons at a high rate of speed to achieve production standards with minimal waste. Must complete all hourly checks and maintain quality consistent with cGMP practices and specifications. Must complete all production and process control documentation. Must relieve crew members for breaks, lunches and communicate with crew members to solve any problems that may arise quickly. Must complete make readies on all gluers efficiently and complete all key areas of the Start Up Checklist prior to sign-off and start-up.
· Determine machine speed and know approximate production at all times. Exceed minimum production standards
· Know approximately how much more cartons to glue and how many more cases are needed to complete an order
· Check and understand all detection systems, electronic counters as well as sensors
· Able to make machine adjustments in order to maintain machine at safety, quality and production standards
· Promote teamwork within crew to minimize machine downtime
· Check for scrap and quality defects on flat stock; continuously check for quality defects of the finished product
· Must strive to find ways to reduce variability in manufacturing processes to increase quality
· Must do hourly quality checks and record results
· Be willing to try new methods and engage in a problem solving culture
· Be sure work area is kept clean at all times- identifies items in the work area that are no longer used and alerts leadership. Finds ways to label and create visual markings to make tools/parts easy to find and return
· Use and wear all protective gear as required (ear plugs, safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hair nets)
· Make Ready: Set up all gluers to precise measurements and alignments within allotted time for next production run
· Perform other duties as assigned by manager, supervisor, lead person
What You Need to Succeed:
· High school diploma or equivalent
· A minimum of five years of operator experience
· Good leadership and communication skills
· The ability to operate all finishing equipment with proficiency
· The ability to train machine tenders on gluers, auto packers and related equipment
· Good organizational and planning skills
· Strong safety orientation-role model for safe behavior
· Teamwork skills
Additional hours above regular scheduled shift may be possible to cover for absences or vacation days, along with meeting production needs.
What we offer:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans. Please note: For non-U.S. jobs please delete this footer.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: email@example.com OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.