7411 Oakwood St Extension, PO Box 408
Mebane, North Carolina, 27302
Key Responsibilities as a Case Sealer are included, but not limited to the following:
· Check each machine schedule for the next job to be produced.
· Locate and pull corrugated cases and other materials needed during the start of a Make-Ready on the gluer in a timely manner.
· Read job jacket specifications for special instructions not limited to correct cases, dividers, labeling specifications, scored U-Boards and skid height.
· Acquire working knowledge and develop basic mechanical skills to assist in the set up and maintenance of the tape machines.
· Be able to operate a fork lift and electric hand jacks.
· Pull cases, pads, dividers and U-Boards to the correct machine.
· Once the job is in production, label all cases and place on the designated pallet.
· Move full pallets to the stretch wrap machine then wrap and the put in the warehouse for inventory control.
· Perform any necessary in process checks during the production of the job to ensure labeling or other requirements are being met.
· Remove banding & excess corrugated material from work area. Sweep as needed and when machines go down for scheduled shut down/clean up at the end of shift.
· Organizing work area using visual methods such as labeling, pictures, and defining specified locations for commonly used tools, documents, parts, etc.
· Empty & replace Gaylord for corrugated scrap as needed.
· Check supplies such as tape, corner boards, wrap and request as needed.
· Lift up to 35 lbs. regularly, up to 50 lbs intermittently and up to 75 lbs rarely.
· Stand up to 11 hours per day.
· Bend, twist, climb, squat, kneel occasionally throughout the shift.
· Uses hands for simple and power grasping, as well as push, pull and fine manipulation.
· Work at and/or below shoulder level.
· Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and work well with others.
· A high school diploma or GED equivalent.
· Basic computer skills (desired)
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community: