WestRock has an opportunity for a Die Maker position at our facility in Marion, NC. The WestRock Marion facility is a folding carton facility committed to creating a safe work environment, building motivated and engaged teams, and producing quality products for our customers. Our success is directly related to our safety, quality, and efficiency. This successful candidate will play a key role within the operations department team here in Marion.
What You Need to Succeed:
The Die Maker position is responsible for reading specifications to plan sequences of operations for fabricating tools, dies, or assemblies; verifying dimensions, alignments, and clearances of finished parts for conformance using instruments such as calipers, micrometers, and gauges; fits and assembles parts to make, repair, or modify dies, jigs, gauges, and tools, using machine tools and hand tools; conducts test runs with completed tools or dies to ensure that parts meet specifications, making necessary adjustments; inspects finished dies for smoothness, contour, conformity, and defects.
This position is responsible for operating and maintaining the Gerber Profile Router, Marbajet Waterjet Cutter, and Serviform Automatic Rule Bender.
Tasks & Duties:
Obtains job information and electronic file on Serviform Rule Bender; compares data with approved sample, plots and runs each knife, verifies if die has counters or blankers available to knife die accordingly; measures, cuts, bridges, and places crease rule, perforation knife, and cut scores where needed. Labels die and logs information for future usage.
Responsible for ruling of die boards using Serviform Rule Bender.
Must be able to identify types of board and caliper of board by use of caliper.
Responsible for the cutting of die and blanker rubber on Marbajet waterjet cutter.
Responsible for the application of the waterjet or ejection rubber to the die board.
Responsible for the milling of steel counter plates on Gerber Profile Router, including quality and accuracy checks.
Completes preventative maintenance on the Gerber Profile Router Table, Marbajet Waterjet Cutter, and Serviform Rule Bender.
Accountable for maintaining inventory of steel counter plates, cut and crease rule, and all other die making supplies.
Destroys obsolete dies according to established QOP.
Maintains work area in organized, clean manner.
Performs other duties as assigned by Structural Design Coordinator.
Works proactively to promote teamwork at all levels of the company.
Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures, safety rules, security procedures and instructions.
Performs all duties according to established safety policy, including wearing all PPEs to perform duties.
This position will help keep department in specs within all 5S and SQF guidelines, and immediately report any food safety concerns to management.
Willing to work flexible hours as necessary.
Skills & Competencies:
- Good computer skills; must be able to retrieve data files and follow instructions as well as data input.
- Mechanical aptitude, including experience with machine shop equipment (lathe, welder, mill, drill press, etc).
- Problem solving skills.
- Oral and written communication skills to include effective listening.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Excellent attendance.
- Measurement interpretation and mathematical knowledge, including reading tape or rule, experience with measuring instruments (micrometer, caliper, height gage) in standard and metric.
Experienced forklift operations.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans