About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
WestRock has an opportunity for a Cutting Operator position at our facility in Marion, NC. The WestRock Marion facility is a folding carton facility committed to creating a safe work environment, building motivated and engaged teams, and producing quality products for our customers. Our success is directly related to our safety, quality, and efficiency. This successful candidate will play a key role within the operations department team here in Marion.
What You Need to Succeed:
The Cutting Operator is responsible for set-up and operation of a Bobst sheet-fed blanking Die Cutter, performing pre-make ready, preventative maintenance, ability to troubleshoot problems on press, and trainer for the Cutting team. This position reports directly to the Cutting Manager.
1. Interprets job layout information.
2. Responsible for press make-ready; adjusts press to accommodate for new product sheets being cut (sets feeder, lock up die, sets stripper, blanker and delivery).
3. Inspects quality of each load run; responsible for checking random sheets from each cut load to ensure quality.
4. If cutting problems are encountered, flags, isolates and tags non-conformity product; troubleshoots machinery and makes proper corrections to continue processing the order.
5. Maintains accurate written records of production; records waste, production time, down time etc.
6. Operates Die Cutter to achieve maximum quality throughout job process; consistently achieves excellent performance during make-readies and production runs.
7. Utilizes hand truck to remove loads from press.
8. Wraps cut loads with stretch wrap.
9. Assists crew in the handling of dies.
10. Performs maintenance duties on press as necessary.
11. Trains personnel in cutting process operation and troubleshoot skills.
12. Performs housekeeping tasks.
13. Performs other duties as requested by supervisor or manager.
14. Works proactively to promote teamwork at all levels of the company.
15. Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures, safety rules, security procedures and instructions.
16. Performs all duties according to established safety policy, including wearing all PPEs to perform duties.
17. This position will help keep department in specs within all 5S and SQF guidelines, and immediately report any food safety concerns to management.
18. Willing to work flexible hours as necessary.
What we offer:
• Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence
• Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
• An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies, and potential
• A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans