HP Indigo Operator - Lansing, MI
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
HP Indigo Operator - Lansing, MI
5800 West Grand River Ave
Lansing, Michigan, 48906
GENERAL PURPOSE: Prepare and produce orders on Indigo printing press to meet the requirement of external clients, internal converting customers, and internal rewinding/inspection customers while meeting production and quantity goals of department. Perform preventative and routine equipment maintenance.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Prepares and produces orders on Indigo print press.
- Ensures Indigo printed color matches
- intended color; makes correct press adjustments and/or communicates to prepress what adjustments are required to successfully match colors to samples as needed.
- Assesses multiple proofing options and compares with Indigo printing results.
- Trouble-shoots challenging orders/projects.
- Interacts with, die-cutters, prepress, rewinders, folder gluers, and planners.
- Follows published schedule.
- Maintains equipment, cleanliness and organization of department.
- Understands and prepares paperwork related to order/project.
- Lifts and maneuvers product weighing as much as 75 pounds.
- Logs in and out of shift – documenting the Indigo impression meter count each day.
- Moves stock/substrates to and from Indigo presses.
- Contacts HP/ Tresu for assistance when appropriate.
- Coats printed product to meet customer requirements as needed.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Must pass Indigo qualification test and annual recertification test.
- Must demonstrate understanding of department and company documentation, including policies and procedures.
- Must demonstrate understanding of material options and their impact on results.
- Must demonstrate understanding department workflow and production methods.
- Must demonstrate ability to perform the preventive maintenance required on Indigo press.
- Must be able to perform arithmetic including fractions, ratios, and decimals.
- Must be able to troubleshoot machine mechanical issues.
- Must demonstrate understanding of color relationships (theory).
- Must be proficient in use of Outlook email, Word, and Excel software.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with co-workers, suppliers, and clients.
- Must be able to maintain a professional demeanor focusing on desired outcomes during challenging and stressful periods and projects
- Must demonstrate a proactive, creative approach to projects and the potential difficulties they may present.
- Must be dependable and consistent.
- Must demonstrate understanding of and follow safety, maintenance, and quality procedures.
- Must possess the organizational skills necessary to process documentation accurately.
- Must pass color vision and color hue tests.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: email@example.com OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.