Emmeci Helper - Lansing, MI
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Emmeci Helper - Lansing, MI
5800 West Grand River Ave
Lansing, Michigan, 48906
GENERAL PURPOSE: Keep production machines well stocked with all supply items and everything necessary to complete jobs in an efficient and timely manner. Maintain a clean, safe and orderly work area.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Counts labeled cartons of the Emmeci.
Inspects for quality.
Ensures an ample supply of materials at each machine throughout the shift.
Performs general housekeeping as needed.
Sweeps floors, dusts, mops, and cleans around press area.
Assists with shipping.
Puts away incoming supply items as needed.
Delivers orders to DPC shipping as requested.
Assists operator with maintaining equipment as needed.
Learns Operator duties and fills in for Emmeci Operator as needed.
Feeds boxes and stacks skids as needed.
Performs other job duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- 3-6 months’ work experience preferred.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis.
Ability to count and measure accurately.
Ability to perform basic arithmetic including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
Ability to perform intermediate arithmetic dealing with decimals, fractions, ratios, etc.
- Must have knowledge of or be able to learn safety rules and procedures, operating, maintenance, and technical policies and procedures.
- Must be able to perform routine duties with minimal supervision.
- Must pass basic reading test.
- Must have the ability to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
- Must pass color vision test.
- Must pass color hue test.
- Must be able to relate effectively with others at all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.