3rd Shift SLI Press Operator
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
3rd Shift SLI Press Operator
5800 West Grand River Ave
Lansing, Michigan, 48906
GENERAL PURPOSE: Produce high quality Pixies and Stik-Stakes and fill in as needed on the Sanki U.V. Letterpress.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Sets up and operates the printing press to produce Pixies, Stik-Stakes, and other products as needed while following all quick change plans (SMED).
Oversees quality of product coming off of the press such as color, quantity, print defects, ink adhesion, and bar-code as the last quality check before bindery.
Performs preventative and other maintenance as needed.
Completes necessary paperwork such as time-sheets, stock chasers, job tickets, etc.
Instructs and oversees Press-Helper.
Oversees teamwork throughout the department by being involved in team meetings and being an exemplar of appropriate attitude and respect.
Maintains clean and organized work according to the 5-Basics of Lean Processes.
Complies with SOP’s and GMP’s.
Performs quality checks and line clearances for other operators.
Maintains and cares for tooling.
Does utility and operates as a Press Assistant as needed.
Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Must have high school diploma or G.E.D.
- One-year certificate from a college or technical school, preferred.
- Six months’ related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Must have the ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and series of numbers.
- Must be able to write, read, and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondences, and memos.
- Must have good interpersonal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to perform intermediate algebra dealing with decimals, fractions, ratios, etc.
- Must have basic personal computer skills.
- Must have working knowledge of hoist operation and roll lifter.
- Must be able to use hand tools such as allen wrenches, crescent wrenches, screwdrivers, pliers, rubber mallets, etc.
- Must pass color vision and color hue tests.
- Must achieve acceptable score on mechanical aptitude test.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: email@example.com OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.