The Lansing facility is seeking a Second Press Operator who will assist in the performance of manual and machine tasks in the set-up, maintenance, and operation of sheet-fed offset press.
How you will impact WestRock
- Assembles materials and stages stock at assigned unit for next job to be run.
- Brings all adjustments back to centerline before starting next job or form.
- Removes and gums used plates.
- Adjusts place register system for proper alignment with cylinders.
- Maintains and fills ink foundations and set-ups dampening system (checks pH and conductivity; holds at required level).
- Assists the first press operator by registering image from unit to unit, running samples to make adjustments to ensure print quality and color setting in accordance with densitometer readings.
- Assists in the final pre-run inspection of the job.
- Adjusts dampener roller pressure, sets water stops and adjusts water flow as requested by Press Operator.
- Submits a ruled out press sheet along with silverprint to the Supervisor for inspection and position approval (signs the sheet confirming it is the best sheet for approval).
- Performs routine adjustments during the press run and maintains quality throughout the run.
- Performs all assigned work effectively and on schedule.
- Follows instructions accurately.
- Keeps work area neat and clean.
- Obeys company rules and observes all safety regulations.
- Maintains equipment by following work procedures and performing tests and maintenance.
- Preserves and passes along customer artwork in clean and undamaged condition.
- Improves skills by learning from others and studies written procedures and instructions.
- Suggests improvements in work procedures.
- Operates or assists on other pressroom equipment as required.
What you need to succeed
- Must have high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must have three to five years’ experience in running, troubleshooting, and quality control on a press of similar size and complexity.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must have the ability to perform basic arithmetic including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Must have the ability to perform intermediate arithmetic dealing with decimals, fractions, ratios, etc.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Must have the ability to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test.
- Must pass color vision and color hue tests.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.