About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
3rd shift Folder Gluer Operator - Lansing, MI
5800 West Grand River Ave
Lansing, Michigan, 48906
Set up and maintain the folder/gluer to produce pharmaceutical cartons, sleeves, and folders.
How you will impact WestRock
- Locates and loads proper stock in preparation for operation.
- Prepares make-ready feeder, prefold, glue system, final fold, delivery, stacker, pack station and inspection system.
- Operates folder/gluer in accordance with customer specifications and current standard operating procedures.
- Ensures total quality of the job while in operation.
- Maintains the machine and area in accordance with the standard operation procedures.
- Demonstrates competency in all basic folds: straight-line, lock-bottom, inner partition, and 5th panels.
- Assists press operators as needed at delivery end of press.
- Assists the small machine operators in the rewind area.
- Operates the folders in the insert area.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Ability to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience
- Must pass basic reading test.
- Must be capable of good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
- Must pass color vision test and color hue tests.
What we offer
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.