The Lansing Facility is seeking an Order Inductor who will manage the flow of all incoming orders and oversee the order fulfillment process.
How you will impact WestRock
- Uses MCS, MM, and Pick Pro to verify inventory levels, adjust inventory levels, order products needed to fulfill orders, and organize and check back orders.
- Prioritizes and organizes orders so the most important orders are handled first.
- Prints off shippers for JH Back order reports, ships those that are ready to be shipped, looks up run dates for those that are not, and files them away.
- Follows up on back orders on a daily basis to see if they are ready to ship.
- Works with Scott Tech representatives to handle any troubleshooting.
- Delegates employees’ work in a manner that maximizes efficiency.
- Maintains product inventory in zone 9 skids and ensures shelves are filled properly.
- Uses the JH Boxing transaction screen to print off tote labels and place the appropriate day sticker on them.
- Communicates consistently with Grower Care, Inventory, and warehouse staff.
- Calls in any error messages to the warehouse so that shipments can pass through the handler.
- Shows proficiency in operating carousel, pick-to-light system, and handheld scanners.
- Puts any new product numbers into the Pick Pro system.
- Keeps track of daily metrics.
- Manages time effectively to ensure deadlines are met.
- Ensures all zone 9 orders are completed and/or de-allocated before replenishment is completed.
- Completes any first shift duties.
- Prints labels for grower off the shelf products, and prints a list for all ball seed products.
- Ensures the 3rd shift workers are provided with correct information to ensure products from the warehouse are handled correctly.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed
- Must have high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Some college is preferred.
- Must be competent in Excel, PowerPoint, and other Outlook products.
- Must have experience with handheld scanning equipment.
- Must have strong organizational skills.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must have the ability to prioritize.
- Must have the ability to trouble shoot and contribute to problem solving teams.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
What we offer
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.