The Lansing facility is seeking a 6 Color Web Operator to manufacture printed and non-printed forms on a 6 color rotary web press.
How you will impact WestRock
- Sets-up and operates the printing press to manufacture forms and insert orders.
- Provides base run orders for inventory for future imprinting, custom orders.
- Verifies quality of printed and non-printed product coming off of press, such as color match, quantity and printing defects.
- Acts as last quality check before bindery.
- Instructs and oversees press helper duties.
- Completes all necessary paperwork for job, such as timesheets, quality status cards, paper transactions, etc.
- Performs scheduled preventive and other maintenance as needed.
- Keeps work area clean and organized according to 5S.
- Complies with all SOP’s and GMP’s.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed
- Must have at least 2 years Offset printing experience-- web offset preferred.
- Must have the ability to read and write instructions and correspondence.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals.
- Must pass color vision test.
- Must pass color hue test.
- Must have basic computer skills (email, word processing, etc.)
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must be reliable and dependable.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.