General Help - Knoxville, TN
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
General Help - Knoxville, TN
General Help - Knoxville Folding Carton
Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment? Are you a quick learner with good work ethic and looking for a company where you can grow?
If this sounds like you, please submit your application! We want to hear from you! We are currently seeking Production Workers/Operators to join the team at Knoxville Folding Carton.
We are an ISO 9001 Certified manufacturing facility where production workers operate in a team-based environment. You are paid for your knowledge and skills. The Knoxville plant operates on four shifts and all applicants must be able to work weekends, nights, and a reasonable amount of overtime.
What You Will Do:
You will be assisting machine operators and performing other assigned tasks and duties as needed incluing quality checks, labeling, machine set-up, etc.
Tasks & Duties:
- Must be able to read and understand work schedule
- Will train on line clearance, scanner set-up and documentation
- Must comply with all local and corporate policies.
- This position will help keep department in specs within all 5S and SQF guidelines, and immediately report any food safety concerns to management.
What You Need to Succeed:
Skills & Competencies:
- Must be well organized and able to multitask
- Good computer skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Good communicate skills
- Ability to work in team environment
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Good attendance record
- Good mathematical ability, including good understanding of measurements.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Folding carton experience a plus
- This position requires lifting up to 50 pounds repeatedly.
- Must be able and willing to work a 12 hour shift (7A to 7P OR 7P to 7A)
- Candidate must have a high school diploma or equivalent GED.
- Must complete training and be able to pass cGMP, Departmental QOPs and General QOPs testing.
- Must pass Company pre-employment testing (to include background check, drug screen, and physical).
Starting rate of pay is $14.62 per hour with opportunities for advancement as you perform and grow within the team. Shift incentives for night shift positions.
To be considered, please submit cover letter and resume' here. No phone calls please.
WestRock (NYSE:WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 39,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 250 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe and Asia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: email@example.com OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.