GENERAL PURPOSE: Operate the mechanical sheet feeder. Assist the press operator with the setup, repair, and maintenance of the press.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Clears machine before and after each run and picks up and destroys all foreign material. Empties all waste receptacles located within the blue line area.
· Reviews job ticket and selects the proper type and quantity of paper. Loads and unloads paper. Inspects paper for defects or damage.
· Obtains proper ink from ink room and fills ink fountains. Maintains proper levels of ink at all times.
· Mixes water fountain solution and sets up dampening system. Maintains proper levels of water. Checks PH balance and conductivity reading of water.
· Sets up and operates the mechanical press feeder.
· Assists the press operator in the mounting of plates, blankets, and packing.
· Moves loads of printed and unprinted stock when necessary.
· Performs routine adjustments during the press run.
· Performs housekeeping duties as directed. Keeps sufficient supply of chemicals and clean rags at the press. Responsible for keeping the press area clean at all times.
· Responsible for timely and accurate completion of all ISO forms and quality checks for each job.
· Marks up printed sheet for coating knockouts. Checks the sheet against the mylar.
· Performs job duties in accordance with all federal, state, local, and company safety rules.
· Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to pass a basic reading test.
- Must be able to perform basic arithmetic including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Must be able to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
- Must be able to pass color vision test.
- Must be able to pass color hue test.
- Must be able to obtain a forklift truck license.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock-MPS Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.