The Idaho Falls facility is seeking an Omega Operator who will Die cut and varnish pre-printed material and apply pre-print treatment to material to meet customer requirements and quality needs.
How you will impact WestRock
- Assists with Emmeci helper/operator procedures and operation.
- Presents ideas to manager and assists with implementation of changes that increase department efficiencies.
- Works with suppliers to learn about and take advantage of new products/methods.
Operates rewinder as needed.
Assists or operates Flexo press, as needed
Maintains 5 S in the work place
Follows guidelines when utilizing KanBan inventory systems.
Performs other job duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed
- Must have high school diploma or general education degree (G.E.D.).
- Must have minimum six months’ related work experience and/or training.
- Must have an understanding of or be able to quickly learn departmental documentation, workflow, and production methods.
- Must have an understanding of material options and their impact on results.
- Must know die-cutting and varnishing (Omega) procedures and operation.
- Must have the ability to perform arithmetic including fractions, ratios, and decimals.
- Must be able to communicate and interact positively with co-workers, suppliers, and clients.
- Must be solutions-oriented, especially during challenging and stressful periods and projects.
- Must take a proactive and creative approach to projects and potential difficulties they may present.
- Must have a complete understanding of and follow all safety, maintenance, and quality procedures.
- Must be self motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must have mechanical ability to troubleshoot machine mechanical issues.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Must pass color vision and color hue tests.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.