GENERAL PURPOSE: Inspect and rewind each job for quality and compliance to customer specifications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Calibrates counters.
· Visually inspects labels for defects.
· Splices rolls together using scissors and tape.
· Sets up multiple slitter units.
· Slits down jobs.
· Packs each job as completed.
· Makes core/shipper labels, Certificate of Compliance, and packing list.
· Follows pharmaceutical procedures.
· Splices rolls together using Splicing table, following customer splicing specifications.
· Maintains the Rewinder using the PM schedules.
· Follows GMP’s (paperwork).
· Follows procedures to setup and operate back numbering equipment.
· Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Minimum two months’ related experience and/or training is preferred.
- Must have the ability to read and write simple instructions, correspondence and memos.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to pass a basic reading test.
- Must pass color vision test.
- Must be able to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
- Must have basic mathematical skills.
- Must be able to work well with others.
- Must have good problem solving ability.
- Must be able to work well in a high pressure environment.
- Must have basic knowledge of personal computers.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must be able to flex schedule to meet the needs of production, including working a different shift if needed.
- Must be able to read and communicate effectively in English.
- Must have mechanical knowledge of gears and printing process.
- Must have problem solving skills--both Mechanical and Computer.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: