The Idaho Falls facility is seeking a Digital Press Operator who will prepare and print orders on Indigo printing press to meet the requirement of external clients, internal converting customers, and internal rewinding/inspection customers while meeting production and quantity goals of department. Perform preventative and routine equipment maintenance.
How you will impact WestRock
- Prepares and prints orders on Indigo print press.
- Ensures Indigo printed color matches approved sample; makes correct press adjustments and/or communicates to prepress what adjustments are required to successfully match colors to samples as needed.
- Assesses multiple proofing options and compares with Indigo printing results.
- Trouble-shoots challenging orders/projects.
- Receives scheduling priority from Print Center Manager.
- Maintains equipment, cleanliness and organization of department.
- Understands and prepares paperwork related to order/project.
- Lifts and maneuvers product weighing as much as 75 pounds.
- Logs in and out of shift – documenting the Indigo impression meter count each day.
- Moves stock/substrates to and from Indigo presses.
- Contacts HP for assistance when appropriate.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed
- Must have high school diploma or general education degree (G.E.D).
- Must pass Indigo qualification test and annual recertification test.
- Must demonstrate understanding of department and company documentation, including policies and procedures.
- Must demonstrate understanding of material options and their impact on results.
- Must demonstrate understanding department workflow and production methods.
- Must demonstrate ability to perform the preventive maintenance required on Indigo press.
- Must be able to perform arithmetic including fractions, ratios, and decimals.
- Must be able to troubleshoot machine mechanical issues.
- Must demonstrate understanding of color relationships (theory).
- Must be proficient in use of Outlook email, Word, and Excel software.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with co-workers, suppliers, and clients.
- Must be able to maintain a professional demeanor focusing on desired outcomes during challenging and stressful periods and projects
- Must demonstrate a proactive, creative approach to projects and the potential difficulties they may present.
- Must be dependable and consistent.
- Must demonstrate understanding of and follow safety, maintenance, and quality procedures.
- Must possess the organizational skills necessary to process documentation accurately.
- Must pass color vision test.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.