Folder Gluer Operator - Holland, MI
About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Folder Gluer Operator - Holland, MI
13 West Fourth St
Holland, Michigan, 49423
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Analyzes the job ticket to determine the appropriate setup procedure to meet schedule requirements. Start- up approval and verification is required on all new jobs and line items per the folder gluer inspection status card in each ticket.
Verifies that the barcode scanners are operating properly at the beginning of each shift. Tests scanners throughout the remainder of the shift by crossing out the barcode on a glue flap and confirming that the carton is rejected by the scanner.
After logging into the job ticket and performing the make ready, goes through the start-up checklist on the folder-gluer inspection status card and initials it.
Pulls one carton every two cases and inspects for skewing, fiber tears, and other quality checks. Verifies sufficiency of glue on seams.
Keeps required records and prepares necessary labels and forms to identify cases. Verifies production counts. Verifies accuracy of all information on labels, rough tags, and certificates of compliance.
Stacks corrugated boxes containing finished product on skids and puts the labels on each corrugated box.
Initials the job ticket and all other required forms upon completion of the gluing operation.
Performs the line clearance procedure after each carton run and picks up and destroys all foreign cartons. Lubricates and cleans gluer as needed.
Trains and directs the work of the gluer assistants assigned to the line.
Responsible for housekeeping of the gluing area.
Performs routine and preventative maintenance on all assigned equipment.
Responsible for timely and accurate completion of all ISO forms and quality checks for each job.
Performs job duties in accordance with all federal, state, local, and company safety rules.
Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Must have high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Minimum of 1 year experience operating a folder-gluer.
- Excellent communication skills, including the demonstration of tact, sensitivity, and professionalism.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must pass basic reading test.
- Must pass color vision test.
- Must pass ruler test.
- Must pass color hue test.
- Must have the ability to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed, significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
Basic personal computer skills.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: email@example.com OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.