Feeder Operator - Holland, MI
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Feeder Operator - Holland, MI
13 West Fourth St
Holland, Michigan, 49423
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Clears machine before and after each run and picks up and destroys all foreign material. Empties all waste receptacles located within the blue line area.
· Reviews job ticket and selects the proper type and quantity of paper. Loads and unloads paper. Inspects paper for defects or damage.
· Obtains proper ink from ink room and fills ink fountains. Maintains proper levels of ink at all times.
· Mixes water fountain solution and sets up dampening system. Maintains proper levels of water. Checks PH balance and conductivity reading of water.
· Sets up and operates the mechanical press feeder.
· Assists the press operator in the mounting of plates, blankets, and packing.
· Moves loads of printed and unprinted stock when necessary.
· Performs routine adjustments during the press run.
· Performs housekeeping duties as directed. Keeps sufficient supply of chemicals and clean rags at the press. Responsible for keeping the press area clean at all times.
· Responsible for timely and accurate completion of all ISO forms and quality checks for each job.
· Marks up printed sheet for coating knockouts. Checks the sheet against the mylar.
· Performs job duties in accordance with all federal, state, local, and company safety rules.
· Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Must have high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to perform basic arithmetic including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Must pass basic reading test.
- Must have the ability to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
- Must pass color vision test.
- Must pass color hue test.
- Must be able to obtain a forklift truck license.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.