About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Reads and understands the job ticket, layout sheet, artwork, and other specifications before starting each assigned job.
· Inspects blanket for imperfections and packs to specifications.
· Downloads pre-press information, assigns units for proper color sequence.
· Gets approval for color match and position from the plant manager prior to running the job.
· Interprets color bars, side guide marks, and slur indicators to control print quality.
· Maintains ink and water balance for desired print quality.
· Maintains color during the run with color matched approved sheets and closed loop system.
· Checks both sides of the press sheets for marks and abrasions.
· Pulls and labels run samples with tags and marks.
· Records the quantity of good sheets finished on back of job ticket and the densities of ink used on the printed job on time sheet.
· Removes and occasionally preserves all plates for storage.
· Assists in the press wash up and cleaning process.
· Performs routine and preventative maintenance on all assigned equipment.
· Works closely with sales staff/clients during press proofs.
· Maintains color files filed by customers.
· Maintains 5S standards and continuous improvement.
· Responsible for the timely and accurate completion of the quality checklist for each job.
· Performs job duties in accordance with all federal, state, local, and company safety rules.
· Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Must have high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Minimum of 2 years of print production experience required.
- Minimum of 2 years operating a four color press required.
- Excellent communication skills, including the demonstration of tact, sensitivity, and professionalism.
- Must have knowledge of printing terminology and practices.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Must have basic computer skills (email, word processing, etc.)
- Must pass basic reading test.
- Must pass color vision test.
- Must have the ability to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must be reliable and dependable.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation#MI
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.