Digital Press Operator 2nd shift
About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Digital Press Operator 2nd shift
79 Clover Ave
Holland, Michigan, 49423
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Inspects, prepares, and packages product.
- Interacts with production manager and account representatives to help determine order priorities.
- Orders and maintains supplies (toners, staples, stock, etc.)
- Maintains, cleans, and calibrates equipment (X-Rite color auto scan spectrophotometer).
- Keeps machinery and work area clean and professional in appearance.
- Understands and prepares paperwork related to order/project.
- Works with electronic files sent to copiers.
- Quickly prioritizes multiple and conflicting department needs under pressure.
- Presents ideas to manager and assists with implementation of changes that increase department efficiencies (less time and/or materials).
- Works with suppliers to learn about and take advantage of new products/methods.
- Operates high-speed copiers.
- Accurately matches color to customer specifications.
- Operates cutter to pre and post trim stock.
- Operates shrink wrapping equipment.
- Understands department workflow and production methods.
- Practices and maintains LEAN workflow.
- Understands production equipment capabilities.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
Must have a high school diploma or general education degree (G.E.D.).
Must be able to perform arithmetic including fractions, ratios, and decimals. Must be able to use a ruler.
Must be knowledgeable in the use of phones, fax machines, copiers, and other office equipment.
Must be able to read, understand, and follow written instructions and standard business documents.
Must have good mechanical abilities to maintain/troubleshoot equipment.
Must work well with co-workers, suppliers, and customers.
Must be able to perform effectively with minimal supervision.
Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Must have good problem solving skills.
Must have a proactive and creative approach to projects.
Must completely understand and follow safety, maintenance, and quality procedures.
Must be able to maintain good attendance.
Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
Must pass color vision test and color hue tests.
Must be able to perform all essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
#MI Westrock Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.