About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
13 West Fourth St
Holland, Michigan, 49423
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Removes, stacks, and packs printed material in various stages of completion on pallets as it accumulates on finishing equipment.
· Examines product to assure jobs are completed in accordance with customer quality requirements.
· Hand collates sets of printed materials, inserts sheets, applies adhesive tape or hot glue, and applies labels according to the job ticket.
· Form sample products by hand using adhesive tape or hot glue.
· Packs wrapped product in boxes and applies tape and labels.
· Weighs printed material on the counting scale.
· Operates paper banding machine.
· Assists the operator on the Kirk Rudy and cutter when needed.
· Completes bindery portion of the job ticket and label information.
· Assists in the gluing department as required.
· Performs job duties in accordance with all federal, state, local, and company safety rules.
· Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Must have high school diploma or G.E.D.
- No prior experience or training.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Basic personal computer skills.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must pass basic reading test.
- Must have the ability to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
- Must pass color vision test.
- Must pass color hue test.Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.