About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
1st Shift Small Machine Operator
79 Clover Ave
Holland, Michigan, 49423
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Operates small finishing machines.
- Hand strips and performs general table work.
- Trains new employees on all aspects of the job.
- Operates printing computers for carton labels.
- Reads and follows SOP's for job.
- Maintains a clean work environment.
- Maintains quality in our products.
- Performs minor maintenance and repairs on the small machines.
- Reads and follows directions on job tickets.
- Counts product to ensure accuracy.
- Distinguishes color to ensure accuracy in quality.
- Works on machine driven processes.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Must have high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must have the ability to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
- Must be able to write and speak simple sentences.
- Must pass basic reading test.
- Must pass color vision test.
- Must pass color hue test.
- Must have the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondences, and memos.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Must have the ability to count and measure.
- Must be able to perform basic arithmetic including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
#MI Westrock Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.