Power & Recovery Superintendent - Hodge, LA
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Power & Recovery Superintendent - Hodge, LA
100 Mill St
Hodge, Louisiana, 71247
The Power & Recovery Superintendent leads process operations of the Department. This position is responsible of creating a safe work environment, executing and continuously improving the quality, productivity, efficiency and cost of the operation. The Power & Recovery Superintendent reports to the facility Production Manager.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Safety – Lead safety systems and processes that support achieving our continually improving annual goals
- Environmental – Lead department environmental management systems to ensure compliance and environmental stewardship
- Quality/Customer Satisfaction – focus on the “no fail basics” of quality and service coupled with innovation to be our customers preferred supplier
- Cost – Develop and maintain methods for tracking and reducing operational costs.
- Production –Improve efficiency and effectiveness of department operations by analyzing the processes and utilizing all available tools, technology, and outside resources.
- Financial Budget/Results – Develop stretch operating budgets and deliver financial results
- Capital Execution – Provide input to capital projects from inception through completion.
- Strategic Planning
- People Development - Invest in our People to help them develop and operate at their full potential
- Employee/Labor Relations – Build positive relations based on the WestRock culture of trust, respect and empowering employees to always do the right thing.
What you need to succeed:
- Safety, Health and Environmental
- OSHA, State, and local laws/regulations
- WestRock internal requirements and audits
- Safety Programs and Training
- Process operational knowledge
- 7-10 years of experience in Power/Recovery Operations
- People Management
- Legal HR Regulations
- Grievance Resolution
- Motivational Skills
- Goal Setting Skills
- Team Building
- Working knowledge of relevant Computer Systems
- Process Improvement and Management Tools
- Lean, 6 Sigma, Statistics, Kepner-Tregoe, etc.
- Systems and Business Compliance
- Ethics, Business Conduct, etc.
- Presentation Skills
- Purchasing and Asset Management (EPAM)
- Precision Maintenance
- Maintenance Planning and Scheduling
- Reliability Systems
- Product Cost Accounting
- CapEx Procedures & Guidelines
- Working Knowledge of Financial Indicators
- Budgeting and Forecasting Processes
- Labor Unions
Critical Learning Experiences
- Department Leadership experience in Power/Recovery Operations
- Maintenance/Planning experience/exposure
- Experience leading resolution of difficult situations
- Ability to work in Union and/or Work Systems environment
- Involvement in budget or operating plan development for department
- Disciplined Problem Solving
Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Engineering preferred and / or commensurate Power/Recovery Operations experience.
What we offer:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: email@example.com OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.