Folder Operator - Hicksville, NY
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Folder Operator - Hicksville, NY
325 Duffy Ave
Hicksville, New York, 11801
Multi Packaging Solutions, a division of WestRock, is a leading, global, provider of value-added specialty packaging, is seeking a Folder Operator to work in our Hicksville, NY Plant. Our customers are among the most recognized brands in the world. If it’s time for change, or if you are ready for the next big step in your career, then apply with Multi Packaging Solutions today!
GENERAL PURPOSE: Set-up and maintain insert folding equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Locates flatstock to make ready for folding inserts and outserts.
- Performs all required preventative machine maintenance (daily, weekly, monthly).
- Performs all make readies and minor adjustments to produce inserts.
- Operates insert folding equipment as needed.
- Adheres to 6S, SOP’s and work instructions.
- Makes trays and shippers as needed.
- Adheres to quality standards.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or (G.E.D).
- Two to three years of related experience and/or training preferred.
- Must be able to read a ruler
- Must be able to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
- Must have the ability to read and write complex instructions, correspondence and memos.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to pass a basic reading test.
- Must have strong mathematical skills.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Must be able to learn quickly and adapt to change
- Must be able to work well in a team environment
- Must be able to communicate effectively with others
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: email@example.com OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.