About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
2nd shift Production Supervisor - Hicksville, NY - copy
325 Duffy Ave
Hicksville, New York, 11801
Multi Packaging Solutions a division of WestRock, is a leading, global, provider of value-added specialty packaging, is seeking a 2nd Shift Production Supervisor to work in our Hicksville, NY Plant. Our customers are among the most recognized brands in the world. If it’s time for change, or if you are ready for the next big step in your career, then apply with Multi Packaging Solutions today!
GENERAL PURPOSE: Ensure the timely production of quality products that meet or exceed customer expectations. Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures, all S.O.Ps, work instructions, and GMPs. Proactively manage departmental metrics that impact cost. Foster a team atmosphere, provide vision, and demonstrate support of the company’s core processes. Responsible for day-to-day management of department including handing out work assignments, daily planning, managing performance of direct reports, operational decisions, problem-solving, and conflict management.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ensures department meets production and quality goals on a daily basis.
- Identifies, documents and shares departmental metrics for Productivity, Safety, Quality, Waste and any other metrics required by the company.
- Plans and schedules staffing to meet workload requirements and productivity standards.
- Manages employee performance by setting goals and consistently holding employees accountable for meeting performance standards.
- Conducts on-time performance reviews of direct reports.
- Trains or ensures training is conducted in Safety, GMPs, Quality systems rules and procedures.
- Ensures compliance to all company policies and procedures.
- Makes sound operational decisions.
- Understands the functions and capabilities of various departments and uses those resources effectively.
- Analyzes root causes and solves problems effectively and in a timely manner.
- Uses data to improve productivity.
- Assists in developing LEAN work flows as well as continuous improvement activities.
- Leads, motivates, and inspires individual workers and teams.
- Manages conflict effectively.
- Manages effectively through change and transition.
- Owns issues and problems, seeing them through to resolution.
- Identifies with and supports company leadership and supports company decisions.
- Ensures that employees are cross-trained and given opportunities to continually learn new things.
- Provides needed resources and support (technical, training, motivational).
- Builds collaborative relationships within the organization.
· Identifies and resolves potential safety problems; responds to safety audits.
- Writes S.O.Ps as needed; submits revision requests and creates temporary work instructions.
- Ensures all documentation/time sheets are legible and accurate.
- Addresses both internal and external corrective actions.
- Maintains a clean work environment (5 Basics).
- Leads effective department meetings.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- College degree preferred.
- Must have a minimum 3 years’ supervisory experience if external candidate; printing experience preferred.
- Must have demonstrated ability to do the jobs he/she is supervising or to quickly gain a working knowledge of those jobs.
- Must show strong technical knowledge plus demonstrated ability to leave and motivated others if internal candidate.
- Must have good Mechanical aptitude.
- Must be proficient in computer use (MS Office, and file management)
- Must have math and measurement skills to understand, track, analyze, and report on operating metrics.
- Must have effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be able to function well in a fast-paced environment and manages competing priorities.
- Must have the ability to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Must have the ability to foster team work and motivate individual performers.
- Must have knowledge of or be able to learn safety rules and procedures, operating, maintenance, and technical policies and procedures.
- Must be able to relate effectively with others at all levels of the organization.
- Must be process-oriented.
- Must be able to reliable and dependable.
- Must be able to pass color vision tests.
Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.