Plant Manager - Harrison, AR
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Plant Manager - Harrison, AR
329 W Industrial Park Road
Harrison, Arkansas, 72601
The Plant Manager provides leadership and guidance with the ability to influence a positive change throughout all departments within the facility. The Plant Manger must be able to manage different levels of experience and provide improvement regardless of tenure. The Plant Manager must be able to analyze data to determine root causes of efficiency deficits and drive change throughout all operations to improve OEEr utilizing Six Sigma methodology and Continuous Process Improvement initiatives. This position reports directly to the General Manager.
Tasks & Duties:
1. Establishes priorities designed to effectively and efficiently operate all departmental activities.
2. Evaluates the needs of all processes on an on-going basis to determine optimal staffing levels required to accomplish production goals and metrics.
3. Works with maintenance to establish and maintain an effective preventative maintenance program to adequately support the production goals and process design.
4. Establishes and maintains operational budget within established guidelines.
5. Evaluates current operations and implements improvements within the operations.
6. Provides feedback to the General Manager with regard to resource needs to support the goals of all processes.
7. Provides other assistance to the General Manager as requested.
8. Works proactively to promote teamwork at all levels of the company.
9. Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures, safety rules, security procedures and instructions.
10. Perform all duties according to established safety policy, including wearing all PPEs to perform duties.
11. Ensure GMP and SQF compliance across all departments
12. Designated SQF Practitioner back-up.
13. Willing to work flexible hours as necessary.
Back-up responsibilities: The Plant Manager serves as back-up to the General Manager and some Department Manger roles if needed including absence back-up for food quality concerns in QA role.
What You Need to Succeed:
Skills & Competencies:
1. Strong leadership, communication and organizational skills are required to work effectively with all levels of the organization.
2. Detailed knowledge and understanding of all facility processes is required.
3. Knowledge and understanding of integration with all core processes is critical.
4. Knowledge and understanding of company initiatives and processes that involve, or may impact operations are required.
5. Demonstrated ability to effectively motivate and lead a team of individuals.
6. Ability to serve as a mentor by participating in the operations related to all shifts.
7. Proficient computer knowledge including Microsoft Office.
1. Must be able to sit, see/read a computer and work via telephone.
2. Must be able to perform physical activities that require use of arms and legs, moving body, such as lifting, balancing, walking, stooping and handling of materials if necessary.
1. Candidate must have a college degree.
2. Must have business acumen. Understanding ROI, SGM, Percent of Sales, etc.
3. 5 to 10 years work related experience in a folding carton manufacturing environment.
What we offer:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.