Ink Technician - Greensboro, NC
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Ink Technician - Greensboro, NC
7915 Industrial Village Rd
Greensboro, North Carolina, 27409
· Maintains ink and varnish inventory.
· Keeps ink room clean and orderly.
· Delivers ink, varnishes, and dies to press.
· Blends inks and top coats.
· Performs color matches.
· Creates color standards.
· Troubleshoots ink and varnish problems.
· Assists with training new hires on proper use of inks and coatings.
· Complies with company policies and procedures.
· Follows established safety policies and procedures.
· Supports, understands and adheres to LEAN principles.
· Works with other departments and maintenance personnel on projects and/or validations.
· Ensures all inks and related chemicals are properly labeled with Right-to-know (RTK) labels.
· Performs other job duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (G.E.D.) and/or at least three years’ experience in an ink room preferred.
- Prior press operator experience a plus.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Must be able to run mixers and use densitometers and spectrophotometers.
- Must be able to clearly discuss ink problems with press operators and give them guidance.
- Must fully understand all ink and varnish systems used on presses.
- Must have basic mathematical skills.
- Must demonstrate effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Must pass color vision and color hue tests.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation
- # NC
- WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: minorities/females/disabled/veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: email@example.com OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.