About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
1275 Los Angeles St
Glendale, California, 90021
Multi Packaging Solutions a division of WestRock, is a leading, global, provider of value-added specialty packaging, is seeking a Pre-Press Technician to work in our Glendale, CA Plant. Our customers are among the most recognized brands in the world. If it’s time for change, or if you are ready for the next big step in your career, then apply with Multi Packaging Solutions today!
GENERAL PURPOSE: Recognize, adapt, and implement changes in printing workflow. Understand systems based on workflow and software needs. Use knowledge of printing processes to carry out procedures of jobs based on quick turnaround. Prepare files for proofing and printing.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Satisfies client pre-print demands through client interaction.
- Analyzes potential problems with workflow.
- Carries out job production on MAC to digital files.
- Proofs jobs in final approval stage for content, distortion, and traps.
- Handles multiple jobs in various production stages.
- Produces key jobs based on complexity and print runs.
- Analyzes customer files for fonts, images, integrity, and printability.
- Generates pre-flight lasers and color proofs to check separations before film.
- Traps files and applies necessary pullbacks and changes to press.
- Re-touches images for better platability from film.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D. Associate’s degree from accredited two-year college or technical school preferred
- Must have minimum of five years’ experience in graphic arts/printing industry.
- Must have hands on knowledge of Quark, Illustrator, Photoshop, trapping, Macintosh, file management, network utilizations and workflow and maintenance/troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of JMS and NEO a plus.
- Must have thorough knowledge of all major software applications including high end trapping program.
- Must have the ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers.
- Must be detailed orientated, willing to continuously improve, and a good team player.
- Must have the ability to write and speak simple sentences.
- Must have the ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, short correspondences, and memos.
- Must have the ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from internal and external customers.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must have the ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Must have the ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and boards of directors.
- Must have the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportion and percentages.
- Must have proficiency in advanced computer operations such as relational databases and operating systems.
- Must have proficiency in intermediate software packages such as words processing, spreadsheets, graphics, etc.
- Must have basic office equipment and communication skills including copy and fax machines, telephone communication, and record keeping.
- Must have the ability to establish, maintain and retrieve permanent files.
- Must be able to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test.
- Must pass color vision and color hue tests.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: email@example.com OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.