Coating Plant Supervisor - Evadale, TX
About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Coating Plant Supervisor - Evadale, TX
1913 Hwy 105 S
Evadale, Texas, 77615
The Coating Plant Supervisor coordinates and manages the efforts of the Coating Plant Technician. He/she is expected to manage the production resources, interface with other departments, and request capital and operation budgets needed to attain safety, quality, production, environmental, and cost goals. He/she is expected to plan plant improvements using information from the Coating Plant Technician and all other available sources. He/she should develop and maintain open communications with the Paper Machine Group and keep them informed about customer needs and company, mill and plant plans. He/she should expect and support continuing personal and professional development of all involved with the Coating Plant.
- Review of coating and starch production, quality results.
- Establishment, authorization, and implementation of Coating Plant General Operating Procedures.
- Oversees the review and response to Customer complaints for his/her operation area.
- Authorizes Operating Guidelines.
- Gather and analyzes information to identify sources of equipment downtime and quality problems. Works with the Coating Plant Technician to identify probable causes and coordinates efforts to correct them.
- Meets with equipment and Raw Material suppliers to select, purchase and optimize equipment and raw material for the Coating Plant.
- Works with the Paper Mill Superintendent and Supervisors to develop annual goals with emphasis on safety, environment, quality, production, and cost.
- Oversees the administration of the hourly work force in the Coating Plant Department to ensure reasonable consistency in the execution of the labor agreement.
- Ensures proper company/ union relations according to the current labor contract. Participates in problem discussions and resolution. Participates in grievance hearings as needed.
- Works with the Paper Mill production and all other available sources to plan and submit capital improvement budget for the department. Also works with the Paper Mill Superintendent and Paper Machine Supervisors to establish priorities
- Assists Engineering on capital improvement projects; participates in the review of Engineering designs and drawings.
- Recommend and implement policies and procedures to meet the Coating Plant Critical Environmental Parameters (CEP).
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ experience in area management in paper mill environment. HS diploma and 10 or more years of experience will also suffice
- Working knowledge and experience on the wet end of an SBS paperboard machine
- Knowledge and responsibility of wet end chemistry, clothing management, fourdrinier consumables, top formers and shoe press are a plus.
- Ability to lead and drive improvement and accountability
- Strong communication skills
- Bias for action
What we offer
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: email@example.com OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.