About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
The Cutter Tech will be responsible in operating a new Zerand Web Flexo cutter. The Web cutter is capable of running 55” wide material at 1000 feet. The Cutter Tech is responsible for overseeing Tresu Printer and MTorres Roll Stand.
How you will impact WestRock
- Is able to do a full Die make-ready.
- Nick the dies.
- Replaces worn or damaged knives
- Sets up Stacker.
- Rotary stripper.
- Trouble shoot auto palletizer.
- Set up, operate, and maintain a multi-color flexographic press including using water base inks.
- Manage all aspects of press performance including productivity, quality, and maintenance.
- Ensures that product is printed according to specifications.
- Able to understand job jackets and verify board, aniloxes, ink colors, die outline, in accordance to production needs.
- Responsible for make ready process start to finish in a timely matter
- Sets up machine; installs aniloxes and Set impressions and registers print-to-print and print-to-cut
- Inspects product during operation for proper cutting and scoring of cartons
- Completes in-process quality inspections
- Accurately record job data onto daily production forms
- Actively engaged in Performance Excellence
What You Need to Succeed
- 5+ years of experience working in a flexographic environment running Zerand or Bobst web-fed die cutter machines.
- Must be flexible with rotating shift (8 or 12 hours).
- Possess the ability to learn in line Flexo printing.
- Strong Computer to manage touch screen operations
- Ability to manage operators while managing equipment efficiency
- Preferred Manufacturing background in the Folding Carton Industry
- Strong skills in math and troubleshooting
- Strong communication and team work skills
What we offer
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.