Material Handler - Edwardsville, IL
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Material Handler - Edwardsville, IL
3101 Westway Drive
Edwardsville, Illinois, 62025
The Material Handler – Assembly position is responsible for loading and unloading trucks; warehousing product and materials and supplying production lines with requested product and/or components.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Inspect forklift daily at the start of the shift insuring all safety features are operational.
- Complete checklist documenting inspection.
- Safe operation of forklift, moving materials throughout the facility. Assure all materials shipped and warehoused are handled in a manner that prevents damage.
- Load and unload trucks; warehouse products and materials.
- Use an RF scanner for receipts, issues to lines, returns, and bar code locations.
- Verify all counts, quantities and descriptions of products and materials received, shipped or warehoused.
- Service production lines, delivering product and/or components as requested.
- Timely and accurate completion of paperwork associated with the movement of product and materials.
- Responsible for the general cleanliness of the warehouse and the loading docks.
- Perform regular inventory and cycle counts.
- Safely change forklift propane tanks and/or batteries as needed.
- Assist other departments as needed.
- Responsible for the overall Safety and cleanliness of equipment and area.
- Work in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Overtime is required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or GED minimum.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. May require the ability to write routine reports and correspondence. May require the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of and basic computer skills.
A minimum of two years’ experience on material handling equipment (forklift) is required; must have proficient math skills.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: email@example.com OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.