Line Leader - Edwardsville, IL
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Line Leader - Edwardsville, IL
3101 Westway Drive
Edwardsville, Illinois, 62025
The Assembly Line Leader position is responsible for overseeing a production line within an Assembly and Contract Packaging plant, ensuring maximum productivity and quality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Use the Work Order as a guide to individual job requirements and specifications.
- Set-up line or assist with line set-up as needed, using the line diagram.
- Responsible for inventory control, tracking and reconciliation of customer product and components, assuring that both are correct and properly placed on the line; kept in good supply as needed for the completion of the shift’s production and the start of the next shift, if applicable.
- Assign temporary staffing service employees to individual tasks on the line as outlined in the work order, and train them accordingly.
- Oversee and monitor production flow on the line, trouble shoot problems, make equipment adjustments as needed, recommend and institute line improvements, and direct temporary staff labor issues to Assembly Supervisor.
- Motivate temporary staffing service employees in order to maintain maximum production line Efficiency and meet production goals.
- Ensure that the completed finished product meets all specifications outlined in the Work Order and complete hourly quality checks to verify.
- Ensure adherence to Company policies, SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) and cGMPs (Current Good Manufacturing Practices), job specific instructions, and customer specific instructions.
- Accurately maintain all production paperwork, including recording and reconciling temporary staff labor hours, and enter production data into the computer system.
- Maintain line cleanliness through good housekeeping practices.
- Responsible for the safety on the line and for adhering to all safety rules and programs, and for attending all required safety training.
- Communicate with other departments, such as warehouse, maintenance and quality assurance as appropriate and necessary, and keep Team Leader apprised of issues related to the line.
- Responsible for the overall Safety and cleanliness of equipment and area.
- Work in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Overtime is required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: email@example.com OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.