Die Maker - Hendersonville, NC
About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Die Maker - Hendersonville, NC
200 Tabor Rd
East Flat Rock, North Carolina, 28726
The Hendersonville Plant is seeking a Die Maker Trainee who will be an integral part of the Die Shop Team. The successful candidate will work with trained Die Makers to learn to program, machine, knife, rubber and assemble die boards, stripping boards, and blanking tools for the die cutting equipment.
• Checks die boards when they come in.
• Reviews daily printing and die cutting schedules for dies needed for
• Coordinates die needs with Structural Design Department.
• Assembles dies (knife, crease rule and rubber) for Die Cutting department.
• Verifies dies against samples in job bag for special requirements that are
• Verifies work is error-free prior to release to Die Cutting department.
• Trouble shoots and alters any die issues on press.
• Pulls repeat dies from inventory for new runs.
• Files dies back into inventory after run is complete and destroys combination
dies as needed.
• Requisitions supplies and maintains accurate inventory of materials needed.
• Responsible for technical training and instruction of Die Making Helper.
• Maintains a clean and safe work area.
• Provides annual update of current dies and purges old dies from inventory.
• Performs other job duties as assigned.
What You Need to Succeed:
• Must have a minimum of two years’ experience assembling dies for the printing industry.
• Must be proficient in the operation and maintenance of a jig saw, and be able
to modify dies as needed.
• Must have the ability to read and write instructions and correspondence.
• Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Must have strong mathematical skills.
• Must be able to maintain good attendance.
• Must have basic personal computer skills including e-mail and word
• Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be
required during busy periods.
• Must be reliable and dependable.
• Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without
What we offer:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: email@example.com OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.