The Hendersonville Plant is seeking a Corrugated Machine Operator to operate the corrugated box making machines to efficiently and effectively meet the plant’s demand for corrugated boxes and the overall scheduling needs for the department.
How you will impact WestRock
Operates the box making machines.
Assists in developing a weekly schedule for upcoming orders with the Planning Department.
Tracks all KanBan sizes to insure that there is an adequate replenishment of boxes as needed.
Inspects and verifies the quality of the boxes being produced through checklists and auditing so that there are formal processes in place that are documented for compliance.
Manages the Assistant Box Maker to insure that they are following all procedures including safety, quality and overall production procedures.
Works with the Finishing Manager, Planning, and Purchasing to insure that there is an adequate flow of raw material sheets to meet our demand.
Performs recommended preventative maintenance on the machines and track through formal documentation.
Follows all 5S policies for tool display shadow boards and all organization procedures 100% of the time.
Tracks production, waste, Cartons Per Crewed Hour, and other performance metrics to insure that we are judging our performance through established goals. When goals are not met, a root cause and actions are established to eliminate or reduce the causes of inefficiencies.
Ensures all product is labeled, palletized and documented properly to meet the needs of Finishing and Quality for traceability of material.
Maintains a clean and safe work area.
Performs other job duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed
- Must have experience operating manufacturing equipment. Experience operating box making machines a plus.
- Must be able operate a computer and be able to do basic functions in Radius to document production, word processing for communication, and basic overall computer skills.
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Must have the ability to read and write instructions and correspondence.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Must have strong mathematical skills.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must have basic personal computer skills including e-mail and word processing.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must have the ability to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
- Must pass ruler test.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.