The Hendersonville Plant is seeking a Corrugated Machine Catcher to catch the newly created corrugated boxes off of the box making machine, palletize them, stage loads properly for material handlers, and follow all procedures and policies.
How you will impact WestRock
Catches and palletizes all corrugated boxes coming out of the machine.
Assists the Operator in keeping the area clean and organized following all 5S procedures.
Notifies the Operator of any quality issues, issues with the machine, materials, or anything else that would negatively affect the production process or cause problems
Inspects and verifies the quality of the boxes being produced through checklists and auditing so that there are formal processes in place that are documented for compliance.
Works with the Operator and follow any actions he requests of you regarding the effective running of the machine and insure that all procedures including safety, quality and overall production procedures are being followed.
Assists the Operator in performing recommended preventative maintenance on the machines and track through formal documentation.
Follows all 5S policies for tool display shadow boards and all organization procedures 100% of the time.
Works with the operator in developing a root cause analysis and establish actions to eliminate or reduce the causes of inefficiencies when goals are not met.
Ensures all product is labeled, palletized and documented properly to meet the needs of Finishing and Quality for traceability of material.
Maintains a clean and safe work area.
Performs other job duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed
- Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Must be able operate a computer and be able to do basic functions in Radius to document production, word processing for communication, and basic overall computer skills.
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Must have the ability to read and write instructions and correspondence.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must have strong mathematical skills.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must have basic personal computer skills including e-mail and word processing.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must have the ability to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
- Must pass ruler test.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.