Press Operator Trainee- 1st shift- Dallas, Tx
Dallas / Texas / United States
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Press Operator Trainee- 1st shift- Dallas, Tx
13465 Jupiter Rd
Dallas, Texas, 75238
GENERAL PURPOSE: Responsible for the performance of manual and machine tasks in the setup, maintenance, and operation of sheet-fed offset press to accurately produce product to customer specifications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Reads work orders to determine setup specifications and instructions.
· Starts machines and performs trial runs to verify accuracy of machine setups.
· Observes and monitors machine operations to detect malfunctions and to determine whether adjustments are needed.
· Assures the image is registered from unit to unit and runs samples to make adjustments to assure print quality and color settings are in accordance with densitometer readings.
· Follows all standard operating procedures relevant to the job, position and department.
· Performs routine adjustments during the press run and maintain quality throughout the run.
· Performs all assigned work effectively and on schedule.
· Accurately follows instructions.
· Maintains and records of daily production, using specified forms.
· Records and amends production information in SFDC such as amount of time spent on specific tasks.
· Keeps work area neat and clean.
· Opens machines and removes/replaces damaged product using hand tools.
· Performs daily and monthly maintenance and troubleshooting.
· Performs other job duties as assigned.
· Must have 5-7 years of related experience assisting in running, troubleshooting and performing quality control on a press of similar size and complexity.
· Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
· Must have basic computer skills (data entry, etc.).
· Must have the ability to perform intermediate arithmetic as required by the job.
· Must have the ability to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
· Must pass a basic reading test.
· Must pass ruler test.
· Must be able to do accurate work.
· Must demonstrate effective decision making skills.
· Must be able to manage time effectively and independently.
· Must be able to maintain good attendance.
· Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
· Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock-MPS Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Using the paste from word feature, please insert your position content in this field using the WestRock standard posting format which can be found on the HR resource site: https://westrockco.sharepoint.com/sites/HRResourcesite/TA/Source/SitePages/Home.aspx.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: email@example.com OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.