Press Operator-2nd shift-Dallas, Tx
Dallas / Texas / United States
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Press Operator-2nd shift-Dallas, Tx
13465 Jupiter Rd
Dallas, Texas, 75238
GENERAL PURPOSE: Responsible for pressroom operations and for ensuring efficient and quality oriented production in a safe work environment while meeting departmental goals and expectations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manages workers in the press room; provides support and direction when needed.
- Assists press operators with starting jobs by giving color rotations, giving positions and color ok’s as quickly as possible (approve color, register, position, etc.).
- Responsible for weekly inventory of all pressroom supplies.
- Ensures crews have all necessary materials to do their jobs before job goes on press.
- Responsible for entering job tickets into press schedule by priorities with customer demand or as result of equipment failure or other operating problems.
- Maintains records of daily production, using specified forms along with sending daily reports.
- Attends daily production meetings with up to date information pertaining to jobs in press schedule.
- Communicates production related information in an effective manner to other leads/employees.
- Strives for stated goals pertaining to press speeds and make ready times.
- Ensures compliance to all Company policies and procedures, continually participating in company LEAN manufacturing training and audits.
- Assists employees to do their jobs to the best of their ability.
- Ensures employees are following safe work practices and SOP’s.
- Leads effective shift huddle meetings.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Must have ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedures.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of sheet fed press experience
- Prior supervisory or lead experience preferred.
- Must have demonstrated ability to do the jobs he/she is supervising or to quickly gain a working knowledge of those jobs.
- Must be efficient in basic computer skills.
- Must be able to pass color vision test.
- Must be able to pass color hue test.
- Must have the ability to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
- Must be able to self-manage.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must have effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram or scheduled form.
- Must be able to manage time effectively.
- Must demonstrate effective decision making skills.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must have ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
- Must be dependable and reliable.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock-MPS Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Using the paste from word feature, please insert your position content in this field using the WestRock standard posting format which can be found on the HR resource site: https://westrockco.sharepoint.com/sites/HRResourcesite/TA/Source/SitePages/Home.aspx.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: email@example.com OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.