Paper Mill Manager - Dallas, TX
Dallas / Texas / United States
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Paper Mill Manager - Dallas, TX
1120 East Clarendon Drive
Dallas, Texas, 75203
The Mill Manager will direct the manufacturing of paper on the paper machine while assuring effective planning, development, and control of all manufacturing processes. This individual plans, organizes and controls the operations to effectively contribute to mill operating objectives and policies, working closely with marketing and other areas of operation to meet marketing and profit objectives. Additional responsibility includes ensuring the paper manufacturing process is in line with customer specifications. The Mill Manager is expected to perform all their duties with a strong focus on safety.
How You will impact WestRock
· Ensures the constant practice of established standards of safety and housekeeping in all areas within the Department.
· Directs the economical and effective manufacturing of paper making operations:
· Provides quality, service and operating objectives, assuring implementation of effective plans
to meet established goals.
· Providing technical direction and expertise to develop equipment, materials, maintenance and operating procedures for effective operations
· Develops, recommends and implements budgets, long-range plans, capital expenditures, and other managerial programs to support operations.
· Provides timely feedback of relevant information to management and makes valid recommendations for improvements to operating and management effectiveness.
· Maintains good relationships and coordinates closely with sales, technical and other operating management.
· Maintains solid relationships and contacts with major mill customers.
What You need for success
· BS degree in Pulp & Paper, Engineering, Chemical; or equivalent technical and management experience.
· Minimum of eight to ten (8-10) years’ experience in paper machine supervision. Experience with a multi-ply
· Former paper machine, Fourdrinier paper machine and recycled fiber.
· Proven ability to manage strategic plans and capital investments.
· Willingness and ability to fully manage 24/7 operation directly and through direct reports.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.