About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Packer/Feeder - 2nd shift - Dallas, TX
1455 Terre Colony Court
Dallas, Texas, 75212
GENERAL PURPOSE: Collect production off delivery belt, inspect for defects and place in sleeves in sequential order. Load product into the machine.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Follows product flow instructions.
- Maintains records of daily production, using specified forms.
- Loads product in machine.
- Maintains all sequential integrity within job.
- Randomly checks cards for Quality Assurance.
- Communicates any issues or escalations to the manager to address any problems immediately.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Must have high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must be able to learn quickly and adapt to change.
- Must be able to work well in a team environment.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of or ability to learn safety rules and procedures, and operating policies and procedures.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with others.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock-MPS Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.