Junior Planner- 1st Shift- Dallas, Tx
Dallas / Texas / United States
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Junior Planner- 1st Shift- Dallas, Tx
13465 Jupiter Rd
Dallas, Texas, 75238
GENERAL PURPOSE: Serve as a liaison with the internal functional areas, sales, customer service and manufacturing to ensure efficient proper communication and documentation is maintained. Ensure that scheduling and manufacturing have all information and tools to produce the product correctly and efficiently. Proactively assist in meeting quality standards and on-time delivery.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Reviews artwork (pre-flight separations) and works with production managers on all new projects during pre-planning meetings before job enters manufacturing.
- Works closely with production to achieve most efficient production estimate.
- Plans jobs based on an estimate and/or customer’s specifications.
- Plans the layout (manual or electronic) and calculates paper size and spoilage.
- Creates a job ticket for manufacturing in Pecas System.
- Initiates the ordering of stock, ink, dies and any material required to produce the product.
- Communicates as needed with Customer Service Representatives regarding account issues.
- Communicates all changes, additions and deletions to manufacturing and /or quality department.
- Coordinates schedules with outside vendors.
- Requests pricing as needed.
- Initiates Outwork Documentation in Pecas System.
- Works with the local vendor on scheduling and specifications
- Obtains the final layout approvals from the outside finishing vendor, as needed.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Must have high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Estimating background is preferred
- Must have effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have intermediate computer skills (email, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, etc.).
- Must have proficient mathematical skills.
- Must be able to relate effectively with others at all levels of the organization.
- Must be reliable and dependable.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock-MPS Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Using the paste from word feature, please insert your position content in this field using the WestRock standard posting format which can be found on the HR resource site: https://westrockco.sharepoint.com/sites/HRResourcesite/TA/Source/SitePages/Home.aspx.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.