Die Cut Helper-2nd Shift- Dallas, Tx
Dallas / Texas / United States
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Die Cut Helper-2nd Shift- Dallas, Tx
13465 Jupiter Rd
Dallas, Texas, 75238
GENERAL PURPOSE: Load and unload product, operate a machine to separate pages, assist in cutting product to customer specifications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Reads work orders to determine setup specifications and instructions.
· Starts machines and loads uncut product onto page separator, hand assisting as needed.
· Observes and monitors machine operations to detect malfunctions and to determine whether adjustments are needed.
· Unloads cut product, neatly stacking on pallet.
· Maintains records of daily production, using specified forms.
· Records production sheet information such as amount of time spent on specific tasks.
· Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Prior manufacturing experience preferred.
- Must demonstrate basic computer skills, including data entry.
- Must demonstrate intermediate math skills.
- Must be able to read a ruler.
- Must pass basic reading test.
- Must have the ability to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
- Must pass color vision test.
- Must pass color hue test.
- Must demonstrate the following competencies: accuracy, reliability, decision making, time management and self-motivation.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock-MPS Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Using the paste from word feature, please insert your position content in this field using the WestRock standard posting format which can be found on the HR resource site: https://westrockco.sharepoint.com/sites/HRResourcesite/TA/Source/SitePages/Home.aspx.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.