The Press Helper position is responsible for assisting in all roles to keep the press running smoothly. This includes in the movement of cylinders and material for jobs running on the press as well as the cleanliness of the various equipment that is used on press as part of the printing process.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Responsible for the set up of cylinders and inks for upcoming jobs.
- Communicate with warehouse on cylinders and materials needed for upcoming press runs.
- Clean cylinders and trolleys by removing ink build up and debris at the end of every day.
- Removal of set-up waste.
- Maintaining operation of the parts washer.Read and understand a press jacket and work instructions.
- Fully understand and strictly follow the specifications, work orders and quality standards of the work
- Assist in other areas of the press department when needed
- Responsible for the overall Safety and cleanliness of equipment and area.
- Work in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What you will need to succeed:
High School Diploma or GED
NO EXPERIENCE NEEDED, TRAINING PROVIDED!
What we offer
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans